It’s time to do a sum up on the year 2011, which has for me been quite an adventure. I’ve managed personally to become more self independent and more open. I’ve seen a whole bunch of new movies this year, discovered more music and found out that I truly love my cats more than anything. Yep.
We’ll start with my top four movies of 2011.
1. Black Swan
- Such a good movie that completely blew me away. I’m so glad that I bought it, without having seen it!
(btw, if you didn’t know - I dressed up as the White Swan for halloween and my friend was the Black Swan.. and we walked around like twins… I got that hooked on the movie!)
2. Sucker Punch
- The kick-ass movie this year. So epic and so completely bad at the same time.
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
- This movie had to be on the list. The ending of an era, and an ending of my childhood. Tragic, but it will still live on ♥
4. Crazy, Stupid, Love
- I couldn’t really figure out if I should choose this or Drive, but I choose this because it was such an entertaining movie. My love for Ryan came again, after a long break from The Notebook. It was so fun and the story very original, so yeah.. that’s why it ended here.
Albums of 2011
1. Foster The People - Torches
Foster the People must be the artist of this year - atleast for me. And it’s been a while since I’ve heard an entire album that I’ve loved so deeply like I love this. Every single song is a masterpiece. Perfect.
2. Nirvana - Unplugged in New York
I know very well that this is not from 2011 but this album has given me something special like no other album ever had. Ofcourse I watched the live version, with video, and it was just calming. And it’s basicly also a huge factor in why I love Nirvana now.
3. Lights - Siberia
Just perfection. No other words.
4. Lady Gaga - Born This Way
It had to be here, right? I love Mama Monster and this album is quite special compared to her former album. At first I didn’t really like it but it came slowly.. I’m still in the “learning of liking it”.. but it will come.
Items, People or Experiences of 2011
Basicly this year has been the year of notebooks for me. I don’t know why but I love being creative whether it’s doodles, scriblings or something completely different. I think notebook’s has just given me an excuse to do it..
2. Open Cinema in Odense
I’ve always wanted to try this, so I brought some friends with me to watch True Grit downtown Odense. It was soooo cozy, even if we couldn’t really see that much of the screen or the fact that it was sooo cold. But whatever! I’ve tried it now ♥
3. Marilyn Monroe
I’ve made about 2-3 assignments about Marilyn Monroe this year and every assignment led to an A. I don’t know if it’s just me being really good at telling or it’s Marilyn that has inspired me so much. She’s been a truly inspiration this year and I will forever continue to be inspired by her.
4. My Jeffrey Campbells
One day had to come with me buying a pair of Jeffrey Campbells, and this year it happened. It was in my summerbreak I bought them and I remember my friend staring at them and wanted to try them on sooo bad. I wore them out on my birthday - and I wore them ALL night! never done that before with a pair of heeled shoes! They’re incredible and they’re a great decoration in my room! haha
So that was my year in movies, music and items. I hope that 2012 will bring me as much joy as 2011 has done.
Happy New Years ♥